This week went pretty great! Rashaun is totally ready for his baptism on Saturday. Elder Root interviewed him last night and he is really excited to go through with it. I've had an awesome time teaching him and seeing him grow spiritually with his grandma. They have come so far and they've seen a ton of blessings from meeting with us and coming to church.
Another great part about this week was that Miriam and Larry got their marriage licence! They're working towards getting married so that Miriam can get baptized. She has been progressing a lot this past week. She's been at church almost every week for the past month and a half and she loves every minute of it. I hope that I can see her go all the way through before I get transferred. We'll have to see.
I'm excited that we can finally have a baptism here in Lexington ward. There hasn't been one since July and it was the only one last year. I hope that my hard work will prepare more people to get baptized this year and also in the near future. I have been working with all of the members a lot and I have definitely come to love so many people here so far. It still feels like I haven't even been here that long either. This week should be good and I am excited to see what happens.
Answers to your questions this week:
1. The funnest thing that happened this week was visiting the Hinds last night. They're an active family that we stop by sometimes. Our appointment fell through when we passed their house and we wanted to make sure they were doing good. They are the funniest family I've gotten to meet out here and we had a really great time talking for a minute before I had to go home and make calls to the district.
2. The weirdest thing was when Elder Bassett and I parked to go into a lesson with Bishop Odom when Elder Bassett had picked up a smoking pipe and didn't know what it was. When Bishop got out of his car I grabbed it and went "ELDER BASSETT WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT" It was really funny hahahahahaha. Weird thing to find.
3. The most spiritual thing this week was probably church yesterday. Brother and Sister Koivu gave really great talks and they helped me out a lot. It was just a great meeting altogether.
4. I've been studying in Alma mostly right now. I read P. Pratt's Autobio when I have time too. It's just really great to read the experiences he had and to learn about the work that he did for almost his entire life. He had a tough life and he worked hard every minute of it.
5. Prayers that have been answered. Well during DDM we all had a prayer together for the people we work with. We talked about each person individually and expressed their needs. All of those people we prayed for together are progressing more than they had been and we all have had some great success with all of them this week. It was a really good experience that we are going to do every DDM I think.
I hope everyone's week was great!
Elder Sean Bills
PS I got the Valentine package earlier this week. It was great! Tell the Mia Maids that I really appreciate it a lot. I am still trying to find someone that I feel like I should give that Book of Mormon to, but I will try and place it when I know it will be someone that will want to read it.